Friday, December 23, 2016

A Very Happy Holidays 2016, by Alec Frazier and Autistic Reality

Dear friends, family, and neighbors,

The beautiful Christmas tree in the main hall of Union Station in Washington, DC.
I am writing to tell you all of my wonderful year in 2016! I have had an extremely dynamic and productive year!

The storyteller during Toruk: The First Flight.
Early in the year, I went to see Toruk: The First Flight in Toronto. It is quite easily the best theatrical show I have ever seen!

Learning about family history from Great Uncle Ted.
In the spring, I went and visited family in Colorado, and cemented many relationships.

The Boston Twilight fanfiction meetup!
Further towards summer, I attended a Twilight fanfiction meetup in Boston with a large group of similarly minded people!

Gumdrop the humpback whale doing his thing!
One highlight was the whale watching expedition!

Just graduated!
Then, in May, I finally graduated from the State University of New York at Buffalo with a master’s degree in disability studies!

My painting of Daredevil with the autographs of Stan Lee, Joe Quesada, and Charlie Cox. I got the autographs at FanExpo!
During the summer, I managed to meet a number of my pop-culture icons at FanExpo Canada.

My new apartment building in Takoma Park, Maryland.
Finally, in November, I moved to Washington, DC and begin the next chapter of my life. I love my new apartment! It has everything I could ever need or desire to grow and thrive as an independent person!

My goodbye party at the world-famous Anchor Bar in Buffalo, New York.
I am also very proud to have all of my wonderful friends! A number of them gathered together to help see me off in Buffalo!

With Sheena, the National Panda, and Erin at the holiday lights at the National Zoo!
I have made even more friends in the Washington, DC area!

Speaking with the students at the Rebecca School.
This year has also been tremendously wonderful for my career! I traveled to New York City to speak to the Rebecca School for kids with developmental disabilities in the late winter/early spring.

With Jay Ruderman at the Ruderman Family Foundation.
I visited the Ruderman Family Foundation in Newton, Massachusetts. I have since worked with them further on developing a network of leaders.

With my good friend Nick Savarese at Special Olympics Massachusetts.
I also visited Special Olympics Massachusetts in Marlborough, Massachusetts and gave a talk there, as well as doing an entry on their podcast, which you can find here.

The gathering at the meeting at the White House.
Since I have arrived in Washington, DC, I have been inundated with business developments! Almost as soon as I arrived, I was invited to a meeting at the White House!

With Michael Thornton at Abilities Expo.
I went to Abilities Expo and met some new friends and cemented old friends as well!

My mentor Mat McCullough (center) and myself (right) with a representative the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) of Australia.
I also had a meeting with the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) of Australia, and another meeting with the White House.

The Holiday Market at the Donald W. Reynolds Center for American Art and Portraiture.
Washington, DC is a beautiful, vibrant, world-class city! I am extremely overjoyed to be living there!

I wish you all a very wonderful holiday season, and a most fulfilling new year!

Regards,

Alec Frazier

This blog posting is both the personal opinion of Alec Frazier, and the professional policy of his advocacy firm, Autistic Reality. If you oppose it, please screen grab it! We are very proud of this opinion!

No comments: