Thursday, December 24, 2015

2015 Letter to Santa!!! By Alec Frazier

Dear Santa,
Alec Frazier in downtown Ithaca with his five foot Santa hat and his Christmas parrot, Blue Angel!
I have had a very exciting year! I have done very well at school, and also at work. I even had a paid opportunity in the Family Reimbursement Program at Western New York Independent Living (WNYIL) for a few months! My mom, brother and I visited London earlier in the summer, and I got to fulfill a lot of lifetime wishes, including seeing the Magna Carta and the Queen! I also visited my Aunt Betti and Uncle Freeman in Germany. In addition, I saw my Nana, which was bittersweet as she died soon after. Later on in the summer, I went to Washington, DC for the 25th anniversary of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). I have also been able to further my goal of moving to the Washington, DC area next year in order to pursue a career there. In addition, have continued my work on an independent film in Buffalo, and selling and lecturing on my book! Class has been most entertaining, with a history of madness class, and internships. I continue to be fantastic friends with such wonderful people in my life! I have been going to many wonderful social opportunities, as well as wonderful career opportunities.
The Merchant of Venice at the Globe Theater.
Mom is doing very well, especially considering her permanent poor health and the fact that her mother passed this year. She has been managing the affairs for many people, and although it has taken a toll on her, she remains strong. She turned sixty this year, and that was the reason why we went to London. I helped book her tickets to the Globe theater to see the Merchant of Venice in order to celebrate her birthday. One of the highlights of this year for her was when she helped prepare a wonderful progressive Thanksgiving dinner with some other friends. I love her dearly, and she is responsible for a great deal of my happiness.
Alec Frazier in costume as Tim Urich, the first autistic superhero, with Nichelle Nichols, actor and civil rights pioneer.
This year, Nick finished the chapter of his life in Los Angeles. He decided to move to New York City to pursue a career putting his unique skills to use. He will do film work, event planning work, and other sundry tasks. He and I have gotten along pretty well, although there have been some bumps. Although he tends to be my complete opposite in the way he lives, I am very proud of him for finding his way in this world. I love him a great deal. I wish him the best of success in his future!
Donald Frazier with Alec Frazier at the great pumpkin farm in Clarence, New York.
Dad is also doing extremely well, Although he still has a few operations now and then stemming from his bicycle accident a couple years ago, he is almost completely recovered. He came to visit me in Buffalo this year, and we had a wonderful time! We went to the Great Pumpkin Farm, the movies, the Botanic Garden, and the National Shrine and Basilica of our Lady of Victory. He is so fun! I love him dearly, and I will be visiting him next year for my cousins wedding.
Santa Claus with a Christmas tree and children’s book character Mubu the Morph!
I hope you have a joyful Christmas, and help bring that joy to many wonderful children and adults! I believe in you, and I will always believe in you. We will leave out milk and cookies, as well as a couple carrots for the reindeer. I hope you and Mrs. Claus have a joyful, productive holiday season, bringing much hope to the world! Once again, tonight were going to the Unitarian service at Sage Chapel. As always, I will be following you on NORAD! I wish all of you at the north of all the best of Christmases!

Love,

Alec Frazier

This blog posting is the personal opinion of Alec Frazier, not the professional policy of his advocacy firm, Autistic Reality. If you oppose it, please screen grab it! I am very proud of this opinion!

No comments: