Monday, February 2, 2015

My Super Bowl Predictions Are Amazingly Accurate! by Alec Frazier

The Vince Lombardi trophy, which goes to the victors of the Super Bowl.
Hello everyone! I actually despise footfall. I believe that it is a gladiatorial sport which teaches spectators to harbor a great desire to see people beat each other up in gladiatorial battle on the gridiron. That said, the Super Bowl is a piece of American culture to which many people attach great relevance. Because I used to live in Colorado, where everybody is incredibly obsessed over the Super Bowl, I have a tradition dating back to that time of predicting a winner for Americas favorite game. I do not predict winners based on team statistics or anything like that. Instead, I choose the team for whose hometown I have the most affinity. I am stunningly accurate. Follow me, on my journey of predictions.
  • Super Bowl XXXII on January 25, 1998 featured the victorious Denver Broncos against the Green Bay Packers. I predicted the Denver Broncos because I lived in Colorado at the time. I was right.
  • Super Bowl XXXIII on January 31, 1999 featured the victorious Denver Broncos vs. against the Atlanta Falcons. Once again, I predicted the Denver Broncos because I lived in Colorado at the time. I was right.
  • Super Bowl XXXIV on January 30, 2000 featured the victorious St. Louis Rams against the Tennessee Titans. It is true that I had just traveled to Tennessee as part of a tour of the southern United States, but I had also just seen the original film “Heaven Can Wait” starring Warren Beatty which had prominently featured the Los Angeles Rams. I enjoyed that film tremendously, and did not feel a very large connection to Nashville, Tennessee because I had only visited Memphis. However, many generations of my family had lived in Missouri and the surrounding area. I predicted the St. Louis Rams. I was right. 
  • Super Bowl XXXV on January 28, 2001 featured the victorious Baltimore Ravens against the New York Giants. At the time, I did not have a personal connection to New York, but I was going through a phase where I loved everything about Washington, DC. Because Baltimore has the closest team to Washington, DC, I predicted the Baltimore Ravens. I was right. 
  • Super Bowl XXXVI on February 3, 2002 featured the victorious New England Patriots against the St. Louis Rams. I was born in Massachusetts, so I predicted the New England Patriots. I was right. 
  • Super Bowl XXXVII on January 26, 2003 featured the victorious Tampa Bay Buccaneers against the Oakland Raiders. I really do enjoy traveling to Florida, and although I love San Francisco, I have never been to Oakland. I predicted the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. I was right. 
  • Super Bowl XXXVIII on February 1, 2004 featured the victorious New England Patriots against the Carolina Panthers. Once again, I predicted the New England Patriots because I was born in Massachusetts. I was right. 
  • Super Bowl XXXIX on February 6, 2005 featured the victorious New England Patriots against the Philadelphia Eagles. Yet again, I predicted the New England Patriots because I was born in Massachusetts. I was right. 
  • Super Bowl XL on February 5, 2006 featured the victorious Pittsburgh Steelers against the Seattle Seahawks. I really had a wonderful time in Seattle when I visited, but I was living in Ithaca, New York at the time, which is right across the state border from Pennsylvania. I predicted the Pittsburgh Steelers. I was right.  
  • Super Bowl XLI on February 4, 2007 featured the victorious Indianapolis Colts against the Chicago Bears. I have no personal connection to Indianapolis, but I had really enjoyed the trip to Chicago a few years back. I predicted the Chicago Bears. I was wrong.  
  • Super Bowl XLII on February 3, 2008 featured the victorious New York Giants against the New England Patriots. I was living in New York State at the time, therefore I predicted the New York Giants. I was right.  
  • Super Bowl XLIII  on February 1, 2009 featured the victorious Pittsburgh Steelers against the Arizona Cardinals. I have no personal connections to Arizona, but as I mentioned, I was living right across the state border from Western Pennsylvania. Therefore, I predicted the Pittsburgh Steelers. I was right.  
  • Super Bowl XLIV on February 7, 2010 featured the victorious New Orleans Saints against the Indianapolis Colts. Once again, I have no personal connections to Indianapolis, although I had taken a fantastic vacation through the southern states which culminated in New Orleans. I predicted the New Orleans Saints. I was right. 
  • Super Bowl XLV on February 6, 2011 featured the victorious Green Bay Packers against the Pittsburgh Steelers. I have no personal connection to Green Bay or Wisconsin, but as I have mentioned before, I lived reasonably close to Pittsburgh, so I predicted the Pittsburgh Steelers. I was wrong.
  • Super Bowl XLVI  on February 5, 2012 featured the victorious New York Giants against the New England Patriots. I have been born in Massachusetts, but I was living in New York State, so I predicted the New York Giants. I was right.
  • Super Bowl XLVII on February 3, 2013 featured the victorious Baltimore Ravens against the San Francisco 49ers. Although I had enjoyed a wonderful vacation to San Francisco when I was younger, I had just spent a week during the summer in Baltimore, so my connection to that city was more prominent at the time. I predicted the Baltimore Ravens. I was right. 
  • Super Bowl XLVIII on February 2, 2014 featured the victorious Seattle Seahawks against the Denver Broncos. As I have mentioned, I have lived in Colorado. Although I really do enjoy Seattle, my connections to Colorado are a lot stronger, so I predicted the Denver Broncos. I was wrong.
  • Super Bowl XLIX  on February 1, 2015 featured the victorious New England Patriots against the Seattle Seahawks. As I have mentioned, I was born in Boston, Massachusetts, so I predicted the New England Patriots. I was right.
  • Super Bowl L (come on guys, don’t dumb it down after fifty years) on February 7, 2016 featured the victorious Denver Broncas against the Carolina Panthers. I  lived in Colorado for ten years, including the years of the previous Super Bowl wins for the Denver Broncos, so I predicted the Denver Broncos. 
  • Super Bowl LI on February 15, 2015 featured the victorious New England Patriots against the Atlanta Falcons. As mentioned multiple times before, I was born in Boston, Massachusetts, so I predicted the New England Patriots. I was right.
So, what is my rate of accuracy? I have been right 17 out of 20 times. This means I have been right about who would win the Super Bowl 85 percent of the time. Those are astounding odds of accuracy. What is even more amazing is that I have never predicted based on actual sports statistics, but rather based on personal affinity to a teams hometown. I myself do not watch the Super Bowl, because I do not enjoy it, but I do enjoy finding out the outcome of my latest predictions!
This blog posting is the personal opinion of Alec Frazier, not the professional policy of his advocacy firm, Autistic Reality. If you oppose it, please screen grab it! I am very proud of this opinion!

No comments: