Monday, December 22, 2014

2014 Letter to Santa!!! By Alec Frazier

Dear Santa,
Me speaking at the annual ARISE conference!
I have had an awesome year! My year has been great for professional and personal development! On the professional front, I have continued with my various committee duties, and published two editions of my own book, Without Fear: The First Autistic Superhero! I have also officially started my own business, an advocacy firm called Autistic Reality! On the personal front, I have continued building many wonderful friendships! I have also come out with my own It Gets Better Video! I continue to take my Master’s degree in Disability Studies at SUNY University at Buffalo. I also continue to volunteer my time three days a week at Western New York Independent Living. I am thriving as a disability rights advocate! I have gotten my first commission, to speak at Cripping the Comicon 2015! I have also applied to present papers at two disability conventions.
Me with my friends at the Buffalo zoo!
My best friendships are with Sebastiano Spurio, Megan Krug, Marcus Cherry, and Amanda Gollhardt, who are all like siblings to me! It is wonderful having friends who understand me so well, and to put up with my shenanigans! Sebastiano is a genius whose kindness to me knows no bounds. Megan is a businesswoman and caretaker at heart. Marcus is a technological expert who is always playful. Amanda is beautiful and great fun to hang out with. In addition, they have introduced me to a wonderful new set of friends, whom I appreciate tremendously! It is proud to know that despite my difficulties making friends as an autistic person, I still have tons of them! I look forward to having these folks in my life for a long time!
Mom hanging an ornament on the Christmas tree!
Mom is doing well, especially given that a few years ago she was close to passing. Her mother, my Nana, is not doing very well right now, and is on her way to a better place, so mom has been visiting Germany to take care of her. Nonetheless, mom has tons of fun with her friends and with Nick and me. In fact, just last night she and I decorated the Christmas tree! We went on a humongous, record-breaking food shopping trip earlier today, and we bought cookies for you! Mom enjoys having fun is much as possible, but we are conscious of the fact that she needs to rest often. Mom is incredibly supportive of me, to an extent that no one else is. I am forever indebted to her for the massive amounts of encouragement she has given me to live a productive life!
An adorable wombat from the San Diego zoo this year!
I have not seen Nick much this year. We got off to a bad start earlier this year, but we are now behaving well towards each other. If there is a single biggest issue at hand, it is that I do not understand the way he lives; however, I have come to terms with that fact and accept him for who he is. Any arguments that we have had in the past tend to make our time together more precious. After all, I love him dearly. He and I are still capable of having fun together! I am very proud of him for making his way so far in these past few years, and becoming a successful filmmaker, which has always been a dream of his.
Dad in the Plains Garden of the Denver Botanical Gardens!
Dad is recovering very well from his bike crash last year. He has taken a great many trips for business to places such as Hong Kong, Thailand, Singapore, the Philippines, Indonesia, and Malaysia. He even got to go to London recently! He is still with his girlfriend, Deborah, and has a great time with his friends in Colorado, all over the United States, and all over the world. I love him dearly, although I still have some issues with the divorce. Nonetheless, he manages to support me in a number of ways, by providing me with a place to stay in Colorado, a cell phone, and occasional other support. He is into a lot of the same things that I am, and we have great fun talking about things we enjoy!
Santa Claus hearing kids’ wishes in Williamsville, New York!
Well, I hope that you have a jolly Christmas, and that you make a lot of kids very happy! A few nights ago, mom and I went to see you in the original version of a “Miracle on 34th Street” at the famous State Theater of Ithaca! On Christmas Eve, we will be going to the Unitarian service at Sage Chapel We will be leaving out milk and cookies for you, and I will be tracking you via NORAD! I wish you, the reindeer, the elves, and Mrs. Claus the best of holidays!

Love,

Alec Frazier

This blog posting is the personal opinion of Alec Frazier, not the professional policy of his advocacy firm, Autistic Reality. If you oppose it, please screen grab it! I am very proud of this opinion!

No comments: