Monday, February 3, 2014

When I Die, by Alec Frazier

A Typical Na'vi Burial Plot.
When I die, I wish to be buried in the Frazier burial plot outside of Bondad/Elco, Colorado. I would prefer to be buried in earth, without a casket. If law requires a casket, a simple wooden one will suffice. I wish to be naked. I wish for a simple marker, to say:

Alexander Fuld Frazier
June 22, 1986 - [Date of Death]

With my body should be my Fraser of Lovat Coat of Arms, images of my family including my mother, father, brother and any significant others and children, the United Nations Declaration of Human Rights, and icons of the Unitarian Universalist Chalice and the Humanist Happy Human. Any other keepsakes my friends and family wish to place with me are acceptable.

Before the burial, the assembled should recite the Tree Song (Funeral Song) in Na'vi, the lyrics of which are thus:

Utralä (a)Nawm
ayrina’l(u) ayoeng,
A peyä tìtxur mì hinam awngeyä
N(a) aysangek afkeu,
Mì pun
N(a) ayvul ahusawnu,
M(ì) aynar
Na seze
A ’ong ne tsawke.
Utralä (a)Nawm
ayrina’ l(u) ayoeng,
A peyä tìrol m(ì) awnga.

The translation follows:

We are all seeds
Of the Great Tree,
Whose strength is in our legs
Like the mighty trunks,
In our arms
As sheltering branches,
In our eyes
The blue-flower
Which unfolds to the sun.
We are all seeds
Of the Great Tree
Whose song is within us.

Anyone present should feel free to say what they wish.

After my body is committed, the assembled should recite, in Na'vi:

Oel ngati kameie, ma tsmukan, ulte ngaru seiyi irayo. Ngari hu Eywa salew tirea, tokx 'ì'awn slu Na'viyä hapxì.

The translation follows:

I see you, brother, and I thank you. Your spirit will run with Eywa, while your body will remain and become part of the People.

My friends and family should, at some point, have the mother of all parties to honor my life.

This blog posting is the personal opinion of Alec Frazier, not the professional policy of his advocacy firm, Autistic Reality. If you oppose it, please screen grab it! I am very proud of this opinion!

2 comments:

bronteblue said...

Alec, I think this is just beautiful. It will be a blessing to your family to know specifically honor your memory.

In a practical note, the amish make and sale wooden caskets. You can buy and store or leave the information of who to contact to find an wooden casket.

Again, I think your requests are beautiful.
DustyBritches (on FB)

Blue Sky said...

Just great. I will ask you for the spoken words for use it in my new Album(s) and i will make the music and the singing. Thank you my brother nephnew for that lines. We are all Sailors on a sea of tears, looking for friendly islands. Alles Liebe, AL :o)=