Thursday, December 8, 2011

About Me, by Alec Frazier

Alec Frazier

My name is Alec Frazier. I was born in Boston in 1986 and lived the first seven years of my life in Newton, Massachusetts. In 1994 my family moved to Boulder, Colorado, where I “grew up.” Sensing a need to return to reality, for our own sanity if nothing else, we moved to Ithaca in 2004 after I had graduated high school.

I received my Associate’s from Tompkins Cortland Community College (TC3), but have also taken classes at the University of Colorado at Boulder and Cornell. I am obtained my B.A. in Political Science from the University at Buffalo. I am currently pursuing an M.A. in the Humanities-Interdisciplinary with a formal Concentration in Disability Studies, also from the University at Buffalo. As a person on the Autism Spectrum, I was a 2011 summer intern with the The American Association of People with Disabilities (AAPD), the nation’s largest cross-disability organization, and have since worked with the Autistic Self Advocacy Network and VSA, the international organization on arts and disability. I am currently working with the US Business Leadership Network (USBLN), Western New York Independent Living (WNYIL), and the University at Buffalo’s Diversity in Disability Planning Committee (UB DDPC).

My mother Danielle is from Germany and lives in Ithaca, NY. My brother Nick is two and a half years younger than me. He’s great to hang out with, although we can occasionally get on each other’s nerves. The ’rents have been divorced since 2005 and my father Donald moved back to Colorado where he grew up. I keep in touch with and visit both sides of my family. I also have a cat named Tattoo who lives with her sister Lazer at my mom’s place.

I am interested in men for sex and relationships. Although I am not romantically attracted to females, I would consider a tryst if it struck my fancy. I guess you could say I am very slightly homoflexible. Since 2006 I have identified as gay.

I am a member of the Comic Book Club of Ithaca (CBCI), the oldest continuously operating comic book club in the USA. I have given several presentations to the club, which hosts the two Ithacon comic book conventions each year, usually one in April and one in September. I am also a founding member of Visions Comic Art Group in its current incarnation, and serve as its photographer and assist with its social media. I also help put on the Buffalo Comicon each year in October.

1 comment:

Benjamin Latrobe said...

Symbols (& Rituals) are very important in my life...They give my life meaning and help me to keep balanced...it seems that since an early age this had been true for most humans...***